Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

High end copper eyeshadows

I am always on the hunt for the perfect copper colour eyeshadow and so far on my quest I have tried three high end brands, all with different factors and results. I'm still not 100% sure I've found my ultimate yet, however that's the fun in shopping isn't it? 
Seek and ye shall find, seek and ye shall find! 


The first eyeshadow I want to share is Sisley's copper touch (1.3g), bought from John Lewis at £23.50. This eyeshadow looks amazing in the palette, on the eye and swatches on skin, which is what drew me to parting with nearly £25! This product is a powder-cream eyeshadow and provides comfort and softness with extracts of Hawthorn and Calendula (according to Sisley).

The pigmentation of this product is very high impact and feels very luxurious when applied, however I found copper touch difficult to work with especially blending with other eyeshadows.
The powder-cream eyeshadow never really set on my lid, trying it with and without a primer. This led to automatic creasing. Personally this product is quite expensive for the amount of product you get.

I think this product would work for someone who doesn't have oily lids and uses it sparingly.

I give it a:
10/10 - pigmentation
1/10 - blending
2/10 - long wearing
4/10 price


The 2nd product is Estee Lauder's Sizzling Copper Metallic (2.1g) priced at £16.00.

The pigmentation of this product is high and can be built up for a stronger look, perhaps for evening wear. This product glides on the eye with ease and blends beautifully leaving you with a professional finish. 

Unlike Sisley's copper touch, Estee Lauder's sizzling copper is a powder eyeshadow. This product claims to have a velvety smooth texture which blends easily, is long wearing and does not crease. From my experience these statements are all true.
 
The packaging for this product is excellent, a secure clasp, a small applicator and mirror. What more do you want?! I'm very pleased with the results of this eyeshadow and would definitely recommend and re-purchase. 

The only negative point I would suggest is the colour curves more towards a gold rather than a true copper.

I give it a:
9/10 - pigmentation
10/10 - blending
9/10 - long wearing
8/10 - price

 Eye Shadow The third and final product is Mac's coppering (1.5g) bought from Fenwicks, priced at £12.00. 

I have a lot of Mac eyeshadows and know that they are long wearing and don't tend to crease.

This eyeshadow is highly pigmented, applies evenly and blends well. Exactly what Mac say it does. It has a very similar texture to Estee Lauder's sizzling copper - velvety, smooth yet shimmery. 

Coppering is such a bold colour it was a little overpowering for me worn in the day as there are strong undertones of red. I prefer wearing this colour for an evening out.

I would recommend anyone try a Mac eyeshadow as they really are brilliant products. 

I give it a:
10/10 - pigmentation
9/10 - blending
9/10 - long wearing
9/10 - price

Swatches of all three eyeshadows. 
Left to right; Mac, Estee Lauder, Sisley.

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches..Im in love with them.
    Im all about copper eye shadow right now was well..
    Love this post, good info on the makeup..
    :)

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete