Pages

Monday, 9 July 2012

Outfit for a Wedding Day

I went to a beautiful wedding on Saturday in the lovely city of York and had an absolutely fantastic time! The Hospitium is set in the idyllic museum gardens and to be honest I was a little worried about the weather as the north had recently suffered flash flooding, however the weather was perfect. Lots of people came to picnic in the gardens catching a glimpse of the gorgeous bride and groom. 

Mr and Mrs Round

 
The surrounding gardens and inside The Hospitium for the ceremony.







I chose to wear a deep purple prom style dress with neutral/nude accessories.  Each accessory came from a different shop and although it was fun searching for complimentary colours, it became a very long process. 

Dress - New Look
Pashmina shawl - Fenwicks


After the meal and speeches we went back to the place we were staying to freshen up. I'm so glad we did as it gave me a chance to touch up and change my shoes as I couldn't bear them on any longer. I certainly underestimated the amount of pain I'd receive from a new pair of shoes, which is a shame as I thought they would be suitable for the day through to night.

Shrug - New Look
Sandals - Evans



2 comments:

  1. Hi my dear friend, I found your very nice blog and I am your newest follower...:))
    I like your style so much. Expecially your purple dress is amazing.. And also your shoes are wonderful.. I found the international site of NewLook. Thank you very much for sharing the labels and the sites.. It is very useful for me to find to stores..:))
    All best wishes and blessings...
    http://becktovintage.blogspot.com/
    xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" is made of thousend of blogs from 135 countries. If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete