Pages

Monday, 4 June 2012

May Favourites

I've really been looking forward to sharing my May favourites with you all as they are all fabulous! I love the month of May for three reasons; 

1. My birthday is in May
2. Spring is springing - cute baby animals
3. The word May sounds nice don't you think?!

My first product is a nail varnish I blogged about in 'Survival of the Pinks' a few weeks ago.  A Dress For Life commented on the post, went with her suggestion and I've not stopped wearing it all month!
The colour is Fruit Sangria by Essie which is a bright pink with a tiny hint of shimmer, although you can't really tell when it's on after two coats.

Fruit Sangria - Essie

The next product is my most worn lip product, not just in May but ever! I have literally worn this lip butter for 6 out of 7 days a week.  I usually get bored of the same product after a few days, which for me makes this an essential item.

The product is Revlon's lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake.  I initially bought four lip butters (Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait, Cotton Candy and Sweet Tart) mid April but Strawberry Shortcake was the one I felt could be worn daily. The application is very smooth, no tugging and glides on with absolute ease. I can only describe the lip butter as creamy, almost velvety and I definitely saw a big difference in the plumpness of my lips after a few days of use. Would recommend and re-purchase! 


The final beauty product was supposed to be a funny present from my mum for my birthday. The joke was on her because I love it! I'm so glad she bought it as I was beginning to look quite pasty next to my 'just got home from the Caribbean' friend! 

The product is Garnier's Summerbody moisturiser in light.  I'm not good with fake tan, I've never found one that either doesn't stick to my dryer patches, is patchy everywhere and/or smells gross, so I was a bit skeptical about trying a moisturiser with a hint of self-tan. I was pleasantly suprised when I woke up on the first morning (after putting it on the night before) to find a very subtle, even colour. The product smells more like a summery moisturiser rather than a heavy fake tan which is great because I hate that off biscuit smell fake tan has. Recently re-purchased from Boots as I'm running low.



My only non beauty May favourite are the Jewelled T bar Sandals from Evans  I blogged about, a week ago in 'Summer Sandals'.

There are a few reasons why I love these sandals; 
  • They are instantly comfortable, no breaking in or plasters needed
  • They look gorgeous with any outfit, so versatile.
  •  They stay perfectly secure on your feet (even when walking furiously through London)
I would absolutely recommend these sandals and I'm hoping they'll make them in a different colour. 

2 comments:

  1. that polish is so pretty i have just got a lip butter in candy apple i wanted some other colours but superdrug only had 5 :( i love all the baby animals born in may too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polish looks like such a lovely colour! I'm born in may too and also love the month of may! =D

    ReplyDelete