Pages

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

The Body Shop Mini Haul

Since I was a child The Body Shop has always been a shop that I love going into, the smell and colours of all the different flavoured body butters just gets me going! I took advantage of the recent 20% off event, combining with my free birthday gift I couldn't resist picking up a couple of things. 

I've been looking for a moisturiser that claims to control excess oil, mattifies and has at least one natural ingredient since I can remember. I have the classic oily skin - produces excess oil throughout the day mainly in the T zone and I've tried various products to control it. I currently use Garnier's Purifying 24 hours moisturiser - 'formulated to hydrate and help purify and mattify your skin' (Garnier). I really like this product as it keeps my skin relatively clear and matte, however I still need blotting paper towards the afternoon hence still looking for a product that can deliver all day long. 

The first product from The Body Shop is; 

                                 Click for enlarged view

As soon as I saw 'Seaweed Mattifying Moisture' I started to get excited as this seemed to be the perfect combination of factors that I've been searching for. This product smells great and still has a tiny hint of scent under makeup. The product comes out in the consistency of a lotion - quite thin but as soon as it's rubbed in it almost turns into a thick moisturiser. I felt like it sat on my skin for quite a while and never really sank in or dried leaving my skin smooth but sticky, which I didn't like. The moisturiser did mattify my face, apart from my nose and chin (two areas I definitely did NOT want shine!). 
Overall I really like the Seaweed element to this product and SPF is always great in any product but for an oily skin I feel this moisturiser is a touch overpowering so will probably use as a night moisturiser rather than day.



The second product is;
Cheek Color Blush in the shade 02 Raspberry Pink 4g.


This is a beautifully soft, natural pink blush which glides onto the face and blends very well. This is a matte blush which is highly pigmented - a little goes a long way!  The blush (when applied with a fluffy brush) is slightly lighter than in the pan and would suit any skin tone, especially pale skin. I really like the way it enhances my skin without looking like I've got blush on giving the impression of a fresh face. This blush reminds me of Mac's 'Well Dressed', another favourite, however The Body Shop's version is a lot more affordable. 
Overall a fabulous product!

3 comments:

  1. I love the smell if the body shop and all the body butters too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog hun i just started one and would love your support xx
    martinacurran19.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I got so excited when I saw the mattifying lotion as I have quite an oily t-zone, such a shame it didn't really work in some places- I struggle with shine on my chin so doesn't sound like this will do the job! I really like Cliniques dramatically different moisturiser to help with shine but I'm always on the look out for a cheaper option, gutted this wasn't it!xxx

    ReplyDelete